Friday, December 19, 2008

Tree Trimming

We finally put up our Christmas decorations today. Riley's been asking since the first! We got the tree yesterday, it cute. Our little tree is about 5 feet tall, but really pretty. Riley was so excited he was trying to put the ornaments on this morning before everyone else got up. All in all it turned out very pretty! We let Riley put the star on top. Emma got to put a few on too. This is Emmaline putting up "her" ornament. We got it last year and I believe it says: Baby's first Christmas 2007. We have one for each of the kids, which a tradition I kept from my family. Each of us kids had an ornament we put on every year that was from the year we were born. I think my parent took pity on me, both my sibs have one the hospital gave them, having been born around Christmas. But my birthday is in June, so I always had a bell. It doesn't have the year, and I'm not really sure where it came from, but it's mine. I still put that up on my parents' tree. We played Christmas music and had a fun time putting up all our nativity sets. I have 5: one I put up high; one I'd rather they don't play with but if they do, oh well; and two that are totally kid friendly. We have one from fisher price. It's a little people one, which is so great. All the pieces are plastic, and you can add sets to it each year. The other is a couple of wood sets I've collected. OK, my dorkhood has never been in question, so, isn't this cool! We were playing around with some of the setting on my camera, and figured out how to delay the shutter. This is the resulting picture, no flash, and pretty twinkles! I think it's so pretty!
It was so much fun!

2 comments:

Erin said...

So fun, the kids look liked they had a blast doing the tree. That last pic of the tree with the lights looks awesome too!

Christene said...

Beautiful! I love decorating the tree. Every year the little ones help more and more and I worry less about showmanship and more about their experience and delight at being involved. Isn't it such a special thing to pass down to our babes?