On Sunday, our neighbors, who's yard looks like Christmas threw up on in, turned on their Christmas lights. Riley was so excited about this. He ran in to tell me that the reindeer were twinkling. Then he said: "Christmas is almost here!" This is going to be a fun Christmas with Riley. I got an advent calender from the store a couple of weeks ago. I love these. When I was little my Aunt Sue used to send them to us every year. It's something I've always remembered, and wanted to do with my kids. We did one last year too. Now, I would never have thought that Riley would remember doing the calender last year... but I should stop trying to make Riley a normal kid, and accept the fact that he has a memory like and elephant. As soon as he saw them, he knew just what they were.
So, yesterday when he saw the twinkling lights, he was sure that it was time to start the countdown. I had to tell him no, but that we would the next day. This morning, he was ready to find his candy... I was able to convince him to wait until after breakfast, but just... He was so excited, and Emma caught on that something cool was happening. Emma enjoyed her candy too (of course I bought her one too). Riley has been singing jingle bells all day! He has also requested that we decorate our home! I'm not sure what to say, I was planning on waiting until after Allen's finals... I'm so grateful for Riley and his excitement. I've had trouble finding excitement about Christmas this year. It just seemed to get here so fast, and I'm just not ready for the season. I want to be, but... Well, thank heaven for little spirits that drag us kicking and screaming into the festivities!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
It was so wonderful to have everyone together for Thanksgiving.
Thank you. Thank you.
Mom Leavitt
Post a Comment