Monday, December 1, 2008

Puddle Jumping

Last Wednesday we had rain. In Vegas this is a rarity, and needs to be enjoyed. While Emmaline was down for a nap, I took Riley out for puddle jumping. This is something I loved to do when I was little. Riley looked at me like I was crazy when I told him he could splash in the water. He was so funny. I think he really thought I was going to get mad at him. Well, he took to puddle jumping like a duck to water. He loved it. Now, at least once a day, he asked if we can go out and play in the puddles. I have to tell him, no, because you only jump in puddles in the rain! We walked up and down the street, as far as we could and still be in baby monitor range. We found a toy car in the gutter which was in pretty bad shape. It was just the the wheels and what held the car together. Riley theorized that the car had been ran over by some one's big car. It was so amazing to see his mind working on the problem.I LOVE the way these pictures turned out! These are faces Riley pulls all the time... The top is his trying to be cute smile, and the bottom is "I'm not going to smile, but I'm smiling, Mommy" smile. It was just too much fun not to smile!This last picture is when I finally had enough of playing in the rain.... He started pulling on the tree branches and raining on me! It was so funny, the first few times, but it was starting to get cold. So we went inside and enjoyed hot chocolate with whip cream!

No comments: