Friday, December 5, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

(I'm a little behind on my posts, I got distracted... so this was Friday night) Tonight was our ward's Christmas party. It was so awesome! I must give props to the activities committee for a wonderful evening. We had a dinner, everything was on the floor. You eat everything with your hands. Not a great picture of Emma, but I wanted to show of this way cute dress. We bought it last year, on MAJOR sale. If we spent more than $5 on it I would be surprised! On the stage they had pictures of Jesus playing on a slide show. It was really beautiful. Riley love looking at the pictures, he kept saying, that's Jesus, and what's Jesus doing there. It was really cute! After dinner they had everyone go into the chapel. There we were privileged to enjoy the a wonderful musical presentation. They began by using the nativity movie the church put out a couple of years ago. They added the music. If I hadn't seen them singing, I wouldn't have known that it wasn't part of the video. It was that good. They sang a couple of other songs. I really enjoyed the program, I'm so glad we made the effort to go. It was such a boost!
Speaking of things having to do with church. Sunday was stake conference. This stake has grown and grown and grown... and it was time to split. We attended with my sister, brother-in-law, Aunt, Uncle, TJ and Weldon. Thanks to having both boys there, we made it through the whole meeting! We only had to leave a few time, Yeah! Back to the split. We are now part of the Las Vegas, Elkhorn Springs Stake. I was just sad that Mom and fam are now in a different stake. But our new stake president is wonderful. I've had most of my temple recommend interview with him. He was serving in the stake presidency.

No comments: