Ok, I’m SO far behind… but it’s been a crazy month and half. More on that later.
Riley begged to have a birthday party. I dragged my feet. Riley said he wanted a dinosaur party with his friends. I sighed. Riley wanted to have a piñata at his dinosaur birthday party. I cringed remembering the last piñata… he cried when it got broken. Riley REALLY wanted a friend party. I tried to have him enjoy a simple family party instead. It didn’t work. So, finally I began to plan Riley’s 5th birthday party.
We did have a fun family party on his birthday. We invited the Delvins over to my parents’ home and enjoyed dinner and cake and a few presents.
Riley really wanted a Dinosaur themed party… Haven’t we had enough dinos this year? No, said Riley. He wanted the girls to be bracosaurs and the boys to be t-rexs.. I told I wasn’t making dinosaurs for everyone… But we would enjoy some water fun.
Riley helped me pick out the decorations and the party favors. We had a small pool with alligator head and tail for the slides. I found a second one at Wal-Mart for dirt cheap. So we set up the two pools, filled the sandbox with sand and dinosaurs, added a couple of brushes to be paleontologists and let the boys and girls have a blast.
The kids had a ton of fun hitting the T-rex. Riley passed out birthday hats to everyone, even those who didn’t want them. We ordered pizza, which came just in time. And we ordered just the right amount! There were no leftovers! Riley LOVED all his presents. Thanks everyone who came and made his party such a success!
Just two last pictures:
I saw this pictures and loved the expression on his face. It reminded me of another time and made me laugh! So I thought I would share it with all of you:
Riley has always loved parties! This is at his first birthday. He was so excited about all the presents! Some things never change. I hope he always has this kind of enthusiasm for life!
Happy birthday my little boy!









No comments:
Post a Comment