I was glad/sad to see August coming to an end. It meant the end of having all my babies home with me. This is bittersweet for me. I love my kids, but I don’t love all the fighting. I have thought about homeschooling, but I don’t have the time or patients required to do that with Riley. He needs kids around him that make him push himself more. Also, he needs more room to play. Our house has become increasingly smaller. It seemed so big when we first moved in… I guess that’s what happens when you add two kids!
Anyway the biggest challenge we started was Emma’s potty training. It’s not going great. It’s two days dry, 4 days wet/poopy. It’s driving me nuts! We tried telling her if she stayed dry and clean she could go get ice cream. That work ok for the first little while, but… then she started pooping in her pants, again. We had a princess jewelry set that she earned one item every day she stayed dry. Which worked GREAT until there were no more pieces to earn. And she started having accidents again. It’s a work in progress. I know that she will become potty train, I just hope it’s sooner rather than latter.
I had some success with rag curls. The have been turning out so pretty. I just have to share these cute pictures of Emma:
Doesn’t her hair look GREAT! Yes, she is playing with a makeup brush. She also has a compact, blush brush, and a powder brush. These are hers and she is willing to stay out of mommy’s makeup, for now.
This particular morning she was playing with one her toys and I had to have a picture of the two:
I laughed so hard when I saw how much they looked alike. I promise it wasn’t done on purpose!
Another thing I did was watch a fun class over the internet. I watch a pro photographer shoot a wedding. It was fun. The biggest thing I learned was to use indirect light, and to hide the source of the light. The next day I tried on Beka. I love the results:
Beka is sitting in her high chair near a window. The sun was coming in and bouncing off the surface of the tray. I love how it makes the lights in her eyes.









No comments:
Post a Comment