So ends our trip. It was a long and wonderful, trying and triumphant one. One I doubt I’ll ever do again.
Any who. As we were packing the car up, we had a visitor:
Friends, this is a humming bird. Ever seen one still, stuck in the dash of a car? Allen just had to snap a few pictures before he rescued the little dude. We finally got EVERYTHING and EVERYONE into the van. We were so loaded up! And away we went.
Things were going well when Emma started to fuss. Now, she really isn’t that bad in the car. Usually, but she was crying and saying she didn’t feel good. Uh oh.
And then she threw up!
We pulled over. Cleaned her and the seat up. And continued on. We turned up the AC on her thinking maybe she was car sick..
“My tummy hurts…”
And she threw up! Again…
REPEAT.
This happened about every 100 miles or so.
Finally about 20 miles to the where we were going to stop for lunch (it’s now dinner time) she has us pull over (in a mosquito storm) threw up, looks at me and says:
“I feel better now Mommy.”
And that was that. She hasn’t thrown up since.
We let the kids out to play at a really neat park, nursed Beka, and got gas. Looking at the time, Allen and I decide to eat dinner there too. Subway sounded pretty good (couldn’t do Sonic again… I’d eating there way too much this trip).
Got everyone’s sandwiches, Riley strafed down his along with his yogurt. “I don’t feel good”….
Yep, that’s right Riley lost his dinner… Thankfully we were able to move everyone else’s dinner out of the way. We ordered him a new sandwich, which stayed down. I think it was the yogurt.. And finally were on our way.
And then it started to rain…
One of the interesting things about traveling in Colorado is that sometimes you are above the clouds:
Or in them:
Amazing huh.
After many deer sightings we finally made it to Demya and Benson’s new home. Thanks guys for making room for us! They had moved in that day, had company (Benson’s brother, mom and dad) but still let us crash on their floor for the night.









No comments:
Post a Comment