Friday, September 3, 2010

Crazy Colorado Trip: Day 2 of Traveling Home

My sweet sister was so nice to let us stay, several times during this crazy adventure. I wanted to do something nice for them too. One of the things I love to do for my family is family pictures. I wasn’t happy with the one I took earlier in my adventures, and so I begged to do another before I left. They were so cute in their Sunday clothes!

This is the one I liked best:

Allen's signature 357-5 copy copy However, these are really funny/cute to me:

Allen's signature 351-1 Allen's signature 354-2 Allen's signature 355-3 Allen's signature 356-4

I think Rollie’s expressions are priceless!

The kids had fun getting good and muddy for the trip. They love their cousin Rollie!

Allen's signature 328-4 Allen's signature 296

I also captured some great shots of Rolland:

 Allen's signature 310-2 copyAllen's signature 316-3  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture:

 

Rollie, web

Can you get passed those eyes and the adorable curls? TOO cute!

Jeff (Ben’s brother) Hanging with the kids! He’s so good with them. Thanks for giving up your bed!

Allen's signature 337-5

So, we finally got on our way. YEAH, but we had one big problem: Bunny had been thrown up on. For those who have spent any time with Emma, you know who Bunny is. Bunny is Emma’s security bunny. Life is over if Bunny isn’t around. We don’t get to sleep if Bunny has gone missing… Yeah, it’s that important. We didn’t have time to wish this precious companion and we were about to embark on a VERY long drive.

Well, with a problem like this I had Allen stop at the mall in Grand Junction. They have a Build-a-Bear Workshop knock off there which is where Bunny came from. Emma and I ran in. She was so excited! She babble at me the whole way to the shop, and carefully looked at all the friends in order to pick the perfect one. She really wanted one that could be friends with Bunny too.

Emma finally settled on an Elephant which we have named Ellie. That right Ellie the Elephant. Emma got to pick out a heart and a special start to put into her Ellie, and she put a special wish insider her too. Then we picked out some cute pjs for Ellie had her weighed and measured and finally we were on our way.

When we stopped for a stretch, I snapped a picture of Emma and Ellie:

Allen's signature 373

Totally worth the money! Ellie is now an active part of our adventures and joins Emma for every quiet time and bed times. Bunny was a little jealous at first, but is adjusting well. Ellie and Bunny are becoming good friends!

I’m also happy to report that the rest of the our journey home was threw up free! We made it home safe and sound. And it was wonderful to have the kids in their own rooms! Yeah for a full night’s sleep!

No comments: