I love going to Manitou. It’s a cute place to shop and hang out. I really wanted to take the kids. And I REALLY wanted to go to the glass blowing shop. Crazy… umm yes! Three little kids in a store full of glass, was I asking for trouble? Oh, well. We went anyway, and it was FUN.
The kids wanted to sit on these birds, and they wanted Mommy to take a picture of them on the birds:
It didn’t work out too well for Emma:
Yes, this is her falling off. Yes, I’m a bad mommy for taking the picture. Yes, she cried. She had a little skinned knee from the experience. But she’s fine and the picture is cool! and she got right back up on the saddle:
Have I mentioned lately how much Emma likes to get her picture taken? That’s how I got her to stop crying after her fall.
I thought the benches were cool. I had the kids pick out the one they liked best and sit at it. This was in the park that we parked the car near. It had a really neat playground:
There is a creek that runs though this part of Manitou. It was really cool!
I did brave the glass blower’s shop. The kids were great and I got myself a new glass dragon! I love the glass shop!
When Beka started doing this:
I knew it was time to get lunch. We enjoyed hotdogs from a vender and then the kids begged to go on the midway. The midway was really cool. It had a ton of quarter rides like what you see when you go into Wal-Mart only so much better. There were at least 50+ rides for the kids to try. Emma decided she had to ride ALL 4 of the different elephants. It was really funny:
We finished the day with a tour of Patsy’s Candy Shop. It was amazing! Patsy’s chocolate is in my option some of the best ever! So when I saw that they did free tours I just had to take the kids. Who can pass up FREE.
I’ve been to Ethel M Chocolate factory here in town. This was so much better. The only down side was they asked you not to take any pictures. But they take you back into the workshop. There’s no glass window you look through, you go right up to the machinery! We were shown where the candies are made, the taffy pulling machine and process, where the chocolate is piped around, how they dip things in chocolate… I could go on but I’m making myself hungry. It was so fun. The kids each picked out two taffies and I got the orange sticks! I savored those for days.
It was a fun day, so worth the trip into town on our own.









No comments:
Post a Comment