July 13th was a very busy day for us. At least that’s what my pictures tell me. The morning was spent down at the barn. (Isn’t that fun to say: Down at the barn… can’t do that in Vegas). Grandpa had a farrier out to put new horseshoes on his horses. He was a very nice man and let Riley play with his anvil:
Emma was having too much fun. She was putting toys in the backpack… I think it’s a neat angle
After the shoeing was done. Mom took Riley and Emma on a ride.
Riley didn’t like having to wait. But I thought it was cute that he had his boots up on the saddle. He’s getting really comfortable around the horse.
I have to admit I was impressed that she was going to take both of them. But they had a blast!
That evening we too the kids to the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo Parade. Emma has fallen in love with the rodeo queens. She loves the crowns on their cowboy hats and the pretty sashes they wear. UH OH…
Riley loved seeing all the horses. Such a fun parade. The only thing that one could complain about is the heat… ugh, almost 100 and no AC in most houses. Sigh, but I’m getting used to it.
I got this really neat shot while we waited for the parade to start:
I have to say the thing that is the most amazing about shooting pictures out here is the sky. It’s so beautiful. So blue! I’m have been working on a small portfolio for textures and other things to use in Photoshop when I get home. I’ve taken quite a few of the sky around here. I can’t get over color.









1 comment:
You're pictures are getting better and better. Love that building shot! Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment