Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crazy Colorado Trip, part 1!

So, I’ve been really bad about keeping up with what we’ve been doing. It’s hard without a computer of my own… plus, I’m a little overwhelmed by the number of pictures to go through and not having my favorite programs has been tough. And, I have to admit, I haven’t had the best attitude about having to travel with three little ones. But, if one must be banished from home and all things familiar, exile couldn’t be in a pretty place.

That being said here is a brief run down of the first week of our trip. We drove the first night up to a place called Delta, Colorado. It took us FOREVER. Bah. We left Vegas late, and got in around midnight. Riley was so wound up! It was really bad. Beka went right to sleep and so did Emma… but crazy Riley. My wonderful mother had him sleep in her bed (I had the baby).  And he finally slept. Things wouldn’t have been quite so aggravating, but Riley was up at 7:30… what’s the deal?  Anyway, we had breakfast (Riley threw up) and went to church with my sister’s family.

I was glad we made the push to get there. I feel we were blessed… and they had AC. I have to admit, that has been one of the things I’ve really struggled with. No AC in the houses. I know I’m a wimp… But when it’s 90 outside I need AC. After church I took the kids to the park by Ben and Demya’s house. They really need to play:IMG_4280[1]                   IMG_4258[1]

We spent almost 5 days with them. They live tiny little town about an hour from Grand Junction called Hotchkiss. Just to give you a picture of the craziness that went on, just imagine 4 adults and 4 kids in a two bedroom duplex… it was tight. Mom and I slept on a futon couch with Riley on an airbed on the floor, Emma in Rollie’s room on the floor on an airbed and Beka in a playpen in Ben and Mya’s room… But we made it work.

We spent a ton of time outside. The second day we went to this amazing park. I had a blast snapping pictures of everyone. (just a little warning: I haven’t used Photoshop on most of this pictures… they are pretty much straight from my camera)

IMG_4310                    IMG_4340IMG_4344                 IMG_4356

IMG_4362

We also tried fishing:

IMG_4398 

Lots of loving too:

IMG_4393

One of the other adventures I had was using the laundry mat for the first time:

IMG_4416

Emma thought it was great fun! Demya and I left Riley with Grandma and Ben. He had fun and so did we.

IMG_4437

I just love Rollie’s face in this one… a real smile.

The kids got to run through the sprinklers to get cool:

IMG_4442IMG_4471     IMG_4477

This the three of them getting warm. It’s really cute, Riley and Emma have dragon towels and Rollie has a Viking one. They are all enjoying the sun in their special chairs.

We enjoyed eating roasted marshmallows and yummy BBQ. Thanks Ben and Demya for letting us crash at your place! See you guys soon!

Tomorrow I’ll write about the trip from Hotchkiss to Colorado Springs… it was a quite an adventure. I’ll try to catch up with what we’ve been doing while we’ve been here.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're doing good, Jessica. Brave, wonderful mother. You will be home soon!