Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Crazy Colorado Trip Part 3, Dino Depo and Horse Adventures

Ok, so we’ve been here for quite a while. It’s been fun, hard, intersting, and tiring. The lack of sleep is hard, and of course sharing a room with 3 little kids makes sleep optional for me. Anyhow, I’ve taken the kids on a couple of fun adventures. I’d like to start with the first week, so that things kind of make since. And besides that’s how I have my pictures organized.

So, we arrived at the ranch Friday night. Mom and I spent Saturday recovering from the trip. Riley loved seeing the horses. Emma had fun in the yard. Beka loved not being in her car seat. We spent a couple of days just hanging out. I went with Grandma to the store for groceries and stuff like that. Riley got a couple of riding lessons.

Anyway, on June 30th I took the kids out for an adventure. We drove down to Canon City to visit the Dino Depo.  It  fun. It’s a really small museum. We you come in you can touch a brontosaurs bone. The coolest thing about this place it that they had real bones, not replicas. They have the most complete stegosauruses fossil ever found. Apparently there is a fossil rich area not far from Canon City. However, if you were to ask the kids, the best part was upstairs. There they had tons of interactive things for kids to play with and do.  The puzzles were a big hit. We spent about over an hour there, playing with all the toys.

IMG_4519IMG_4520

We found this little guy as we were leaving. Riley was so excited, he asked me to take a picture of the little “dinosaur”:

 IMG_4523

I had planned on taking everyone to the park afterwards, but Beka fell asleep as we were  leaving the building. Emma didn’t make it out of town. So, all in all it was a good trip.

When we got home, I finally got to see Riley ride. I thought he did a really good job.

 IMG_4529 IMG_4533

IMG_4540  IMG_4570

 

IMG_4561 

Now, I’d left Emma up at the house. She was playing in the yard. I told her I would be back, that I was just going to take some pictures of Riley. I was down at the arena taking pictures when I heard screaming. Mom looked over by the barn… guess who had walked down, without shoes. That’s right, Emma… no shoes and and standing in stickers. She was about one step from a bunch of cactus. ugh! Mom walked over to her and carried her down. We put her on the horse behind Riley and walked her up to the house again… What a crazy girl!

IMG_4574

No comments: