Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Some More doings

We have been having lots of adventures since we got here. One of the kids favorite places to go is the campground next door. So, we walk over.

IMG_4627 

They have a playground. Grandma even got in on the action:

IMG_4632

Another thing that’s been going on is Emma has really been exploring her world. This includes Mommy’s makeup….

IMG_4643

It could have been worse… at least i still have some makeup left!

The 4th of July was fun. We had to go to church, so I made the girls cute hair bows. Beka was a hit at church:

 IMG_4650-2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I mean seriously, how cute is that!

We had a blast with Aunt Kim shooting off fireworks:

 IMG_4655IMG_4670

 IMG_4667 IMG_4662  IMG_4672

Sparklers are the best! But the smoke bombs and the whips were really cool too. Then of course there are the fountains. So fun! My camera’s battery was almost dead, so sad! So I didn’t have many pictures. But it was really cool.

One final adventure for this post. The day after fireworks I took the kids to a really cool park in Colorado Springs. I figured the adults needed some kid free time. The park was really neat (and I was able to find it, go me). It was so packed. The park was hosting an art show. So, you had older people and people with kids trying to use the same space. It was crazy! The park had a fun playground that the kids really enjoyed.

IMG_4678 IMG_4676

This park had a water feature. Now at home we have lots of parks with water features, but there are dwarf by this thing:

IMG_4692

It was amazing! I was so glad I had the swimming stuff.

IMG_4698  IMG_4703                                                     IMG_4721IMG_4706

 IMG_4700

A few seconds after I took this picture of Beka she feel head first into the water. She was trying to touch the water! I scooped her up right away, took off the overalls leaving her in her onesie and we returned to the water to play. I would have taken more pictures but I was fearful for my camera! We got splashed a bunch. The outing was cut short though. Riley came running (when is he not) but he was also crying. He and another boy had ran into each other. Riley had fallen down and hit his head. He had quite bump on his head, poor baby. It was lunch time anyway, so we left the park.

When we got back to the ranch we enjoyed ice cream cones… some of us more than others:

IMG_4731

1 comment:

Erin said...

Glad you are staying busy with the kids, makes the time fly by.