The last couple of days I have had a hard time. I've been so tired, and my nose so plugged... I haven't been sleeping well. Which translates into to being really tired. I seem to be taking a page from Allen's book: sleep wherever and whenever you can! Which for me basicly means, on the couch as the kids play. Yesterday after quiet time (a very blessed time of day, by the way. Every parent should intute this practice in thier home.. I think even teenagers would do well with it) I asked Riley if he would like to watch a movie. I wanted to keep things quiet because Emma was still down for her nap. Riley had been playing in the sandbox, and had turned a nice shade of red. We sat down on the couch to watch Cars. Well, actually, I layed down and Riley sat in the curk of my leg. I promtly feel asleep. I felt Riley lay his body down on my side. He does this a lot, and I figured he would move shortly. Awhile later (I'm not sure how long, I was asleep) I went to stretch my legs, and Riley didn't move... He was fast asleep!
I needed to move, so I sat up slowly and took him into my arms. He didn't stir. I held him for the rest of the show. As I held him, it accrued to me that there is that much time left before he wont want me to just hold him. I tried to savor the moment. He was so sweet, and beautiful. Neither of my kids have been ones that let you hold them while they sleep. They prefer to be in their own beds, and not touched. I can't believe how much Riley has grown, changed, matured. I know he's only three, but next year we will be getting ready for kindergarten! Ugh, where did the time go? Anyway, it was such a precious moment for me, to just sit and hold my oldest I had to share the thoughts.
In case you were wondering, Riley was not particularly pleased when he woke. He was down right angry. He hadn't meant to fall asleep, and now he had missed some of the day! But a drink and some dinner, and all was well.
Another sweet moments we have been having are with Emmaline. She is really starting to talk, and LOVES to say the prayer! Tonight as we were getting ready to say the night time prayer, she happily folded her arms and then began to through a fit when Allen started to pray. We finally figured out, SHE wanted to say it! We asked her, "Emma, would you like to say it?" She nodded, and with some help she said our night time prayer! It was so cute! It amazes me how different Riley and Emma are! She LOVES to say the pray, Riley HATES it!
Anyway, just thought I'd share some of the small and quiet moments we have been having around here.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Okay I found you. I love all the pictures. You have such a beautiful family. I love your little ones. It is so sad to see them grow, but I guess it's life.
Yea for special moments! Time is flying fast, I hear you. I'm trying to slow down and enjoy the moment also. Thanks for sharing!
Those stories of your children were awesome! Thank you so much for your supportive comment! I felt much better because my hubby's family is irritated with me about probably not coming to the wedding. Especially since (get this!) his sister is coming back in the middle of her three week stay in the Ukraine to adopt their daughter (her husband will stay so the three week mandatory stay isn't interrupted) and then fly back again....so many of them are thinking that if Jen can do that expensive round trip from the Ukraine, then I should be able to do a 10 hour drive by myself. I admit on paper it does look bad...but I just want to do what is safest and best for my kids and I don't feel comfortable or safe or particularly brave enough (especially with two needing to the potty and one who likes to play in the potty while the other two go potty). Plus, what if we broke down or were hijacked or anything. paranoia and all aside....I just don't want to alone with three tinies.
Post a Comment