Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Service

We have the most amazing home teacher ever! Last week he came over to home teach us, and asked if there was anything we needed help with. With Allen starting the preparation for finals, and with the kids, yard work seems to take a backseat. This has become a problem, and we've received 2 notices from the HOA about it. Honestly, it wasn't that bad, but we get everyones trash, every time the wind blows. Anyway, I told him that we could really use some help getting the yard done. And he was very excited to be able to help. After the morning session of general conference, they showed up. Brother Butler (our home teacher), Brother Butler, Brother Butler and Little Brother Butlers. Our wonderful home teacher had brought his brothers and sons to clean up our yard. They cleaned up the leaves, trash and even the dog poops. They got the yard cleaner they we could have! I was impressed with how much trash they were able to get out.. about 5 big trash bags full! Not only did they clean the yard, but they helped Allen change the oil in his car (the other fun task for the day). This has been such a relief for me! I really have felt stressed about getting this work done and keep up with the house and kids and everything else! Brother Butler is such a great example to me, and I love having him as our home teacher!

No comments: