Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ducks, Ducks, Ducks

Today we went to Alianta Park. They have a pond system there where ducks and other water fowl like to stop. I was babysitting Faith today and wanted an extra set of eyes, so I invited Demya and Roland to come to. Then for good measure, I called Marylynn to bring Weldon and Tabatha too. It was pretty crazy with all the kids, but so much fun!I thought it was sweet that Riley was willing to give up "his" duck bread to his sister. He was really good about it. He made sure both the girls had plenty to throw. Faith thought that it must be time for a snack. Don't worry the bread wasn't moldy, just the heals of the loaf that have been cut too small to use. She did eventually understand that we throw the bread, not eat the bread. After looking at this picture, I get a little freaked out! It looks like she's about to take a dip in the yucky pond water. Have no fear, she was much further from the water than it appears! But I do think it's cool that you can see the bread flying through the air!
Faith LOVED the slides! She had so much fun going down again and again.Rolie looks more and more like his daddy every day! This is SO a Benson look! He didn't like being in the stroller but was dealing with it.
We finally got a duck to notice our bread!
I love this last picture! I think it is so beautiful, and well framed. The boys are watching the turtles and fish.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love this park. You took so many great pics! Keep it up! Thanks so much for stopping by this week and for the clothes:)

Christene said...

Beautiful park day. The weather is too nice... or has been, to miss out on. We have to enjoy it while we can. Ducks and kids seem to be a good combo. Glad you're out having fun! :)