Sunday, April 12, 2009

Passover

This has been a CRAZY week for us! Well, maybe it just seemed that way for me. I had games I was scorekeeping on Friday and Saturday. This meant that I missed some of my favorite Easter activities with the kids. I was just glad Allen went and took some pictures for me. Friday evening Allen's dad hosted a passover Seder. He's done it before in 2006, and we had fun and learned tons. So, Allen took the kids. Emmaline was the littlest Matzah. I don't think she was too sure about the outfit, but she seemed to warm up to it. So, why go to all the effort to celebrate the Passover when we aren't Jewish? I believe Richard (Allen's dad) put it best in his handout from 2006:
"For me, the Passover commemorates three events: Three thousand years ago, on this night, my God with and almighty hand delivered me from the bondage of Pharaoh, and began the process of leading me to a promise land where I could live in freedom. Two thousand years ago, on this night, my God with an almighty hand atoned for my sins and delivered me from bondage brought by my disobedience,and began the process of leading me to His presences. One hundred seventy years ago, on this day, my God with an almighty hand, sent Elijah the prophet to restore the sealing powers to man on earth, and delivered me from loneliness and separateness, and began the process by which I may be one with my beloved wife and children, as well as my Father, through all eternity. I celebrate the Passover to express thanks, and to let you know." Richard Leavitt Passover 2006.

No comments: