Thursday, October 9, 2008

Park Time

The yesterday I decided that I was going to be a good mommy. The day before I was really bad mommy, I was super cranky! I'm sure most mom's can relate, I was just sick of the house, the kids, my headache (which has been going on for almost a month), my car (in which the AC is still broken, and the passenger side window is stuck down), and life in general. I snapped at Riley, I yelled at Emmaline, I kicked the dogs out. Well, I decided that night I was going to be a better mommy, I was going to do something Riley and Emma liked. So, after a quick trip to the store, I packed up a picnic lunch. I then loaded the kids up, and drove us the park. I made a commitment to myself that I would let Riley and Emmaline play without a time marker in my head. They had so much fun! Riley made a new friend who ran all over the park with him. Emma had a blast exploring until the pavement got too hot! We stayed for 2 1/2 hours! I decided it was time to go home when Emmaline was getting red...poor thing is as fair as her daddy!

No comments: