
This past Friday was completely crazy for us. We are often busy, but seldom are we so overbooked.
In the morning the kids and I went with our ward's playgroup to the Gilcrease Orchard's pumpkin patch. The pumpkin patch was so much fun! You could get 3 pumpkins per car, so I let Riley pick out ours. He ran all over trying to find the perfect ones! I think he picked up at least 10 before finding the ones that were just right! The one he finally picked for himself we had to pull of the vine, which he tried to do all by himself! He's getting to be very independent.

He did finally find the 3 that were just right... and I just had to get pictures with the kids with them.

Riley was also excited to see his friends: Ashlin and Laura. He talks about these two girls all the time, they are his nursery friends... he doesn't like the boys, they cry too much! This particular comment made me laugh so hard!

This weekend was also Allen's 10 year class reunion. This event was important to Allen, he actually liked some of the people he went to school with, so I decided we need to make the effort to attend some of the festivities. We decided to go to the family tailgate party and the football game.

We ran into Rachel and Hannah at the park where the tailgate was being held, and so Riley had fun hanging with his cousin while we visited. It was so windy, and COLD! Holy cow! We have had a sudden change in our weather! I was super glad that I had brought sweaters for the kids, they really needed them.

The game was pretty fun, even if it was REALLY cold. Emmaline was really cute through the first quarter. She clapped whenever the players on the field moved.

We might get a football fan yet...Who knows! Then she decided she had had enough. She started fussing, not that anyone could hear... it was pretty noisy. We were able to get to meet "Bobby the Bengal" who is Bonanza High School's mascot. And Bonanza beat Durango, 34-6! WOW! Things seems to have changed a lot since 1998, when Bishop Gorman spanked Bonanza 42-0 at Bonanza's Homecoming, and BHS later went something like 0-12.

Additionally, there was a party for the law school thrown by Allen's employer last summer which he felt he needed to make an appearance at. So after half time, we dropped the kiddos off at Allen's parents place (about 30 seconds from the game) and drove down to the party....
The party was, hum, interesting! It was a loud drunk fest, if you were to ask me... but I got to meet some of Allen's classmates, and some of the people he used to work for. We also got new t-shirts which are really fun... so it made the excursion almost worth it. It was a lot of fun just to be grown ups for awhile, not "MOMMY and DADDY". I have to admit, though, that my world usually consists of two little voices. The sound never really stops, but it's what I've gotten used to. I felt after leaving the party that I was on "grump overload"... not so used to dealing with adults and there weirdness anymore.
We picked up the kids at about 10:30...They had both refused to go to sleep... sigh! But they didn't make it home. Allen and I stopped at In & Out for a quick bite; I was starving! I was so glad to get home! We took a shower and went to bed. What a day! Of course, we had Riley's soccer game the next morning at 8am...
We almost didn't make it! After such a late night, no one wanted to get up! Allen and I woke up at 7:30, about the time we were supposed to be in the car and on our way. We rushed around getting everyone up and dressed. We made it to the game, about 5-6 minutes late. Not too bad. It was SO cold... Riley was not sure he really wanted to play! But once he got into it, I think he enjoyed it.


We spent most of the day inside, trying to get Emma to take a nap... she just wasn't interested. I eventually went over to my parents' house to help Mya go through the storage room. They are planing on using it as a baby room, so it needs to be cleaned out. She had asked from my help going through some of the things Allen and I had left. Riley enjoyed digging outside in the dirt piles! He loves digging and moving rocks!
I can't believe we have survived this crazy weekend. I also can't believe we've had an almost 40 degree drop in temperature in just a few day! Wasn't prepared for that! Now if my car window would just roll up...
1 comment:
How fun. I was bummed I couldn't do the pumpkin patch this last Friday. Thomas would have loved it.
Post a Comment