Motherhood has been an interesting adventure for me. There are days were I wonder what on earth I was thinking when we decided to have kids. Other days, I can't imagine life without them. It's most days that I feel that way. I love being a mom. Seeing how much they learn each day, and getting to be apart of it, is glorious!
In everyone life testimony wanes and waxes for me the last few years I have struggled to feel my testimony. Perhaps it's the lack of sleep, I'm not sure. So, I've been trying to implement some of the things that we've be instructed to do in our families. We have started doing family home evening every Monday. Some weeks go better than others, but we've been very good about keeping at it. Tonight I had Allen read a scripture to us before we had family prayer. He chose Psalms 24:1-4, which states He that hath clean hands and a pure heart. It was so cute, when Allen read clean hands he asked Riley if he had clean hands, Riley looked at his hands, smiled and nodded. It made my heart warm. He was so proud of his clean hands.
I've also been trying to teach Riley some of the primary songs he will need to learn for next year's primary program. It totally blows my mind that he goes into Sunbeams in January! Riley's favorite song is Families can be Together Forever. He asks us to sing it before he goes to bed. I know that singing these songs helps me to feel the spirit better, and I think he does too. I love how things sometimes are placed in your path to help your testimony grow.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Clean Hands
Motherhood has been an interesting adventure for me. There are days were I wonder what on earth I was thinking when we decided to have kids. Other days, I can't imagine life without them. It's most days that I feel that way. I love being a mom. Seeing how much they learn each day, and getting to be apart of it, is glorious!
In everyone life testimony wanes and waxes for me the last few years I have struggled to feel my testimony. Perhaps it's the lack of sleep, I'm not sure. So, I've been trying to implement some of the things that we've be instructed to do in our families. We have started doing family home evening every Monday. Some weeks go better than others, but we've been very good about keeping at it. Tonight I had Allen read a scripture to us before we had family prayer. He chose Psalms 24:1-4, which states He that hath clean hands and a pure heart. It was so cute, when Allen read clean hands he asked Riley if he had clean hands, Riley looked at his hands, smiled and nodded. It made my heart warm. He was so proud of his clean hands.
I've also been trying to teach Riley some of the primary songs he will need to learn for next year's primary program. It totally blows my mind that he goes into Sunbeams in January! Riley's favorite song is Families can be Together Forever. He asks us to sing it before he goes to bed. I know that singing these songs helps me to feel the spirit better, and I think he does too. I love how things sometimes are placed in your path to help your testimony grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Don't you love theri inocence! I had fun hanging out with you at Super Saturday. Have a good night.
Post a Comment