
We celebrated Riley's birthday yesterday. I asked him if he wanted a friend party or a family party. He told me that he wanted a family one. It was so cute. He wanted his big boy cousin Ryan to come most of all. Then of course he had to have Weldon, "my best friend" come too. Weldon and Riley had the same due date, Riley was 2 weeks early and Weldon was 2 weeks late! They have been the best of buddies since Weldon moved back to Vegas.
Riley really wanted a horse themed party, but I couldn't find horse decorations that weren't pink. So I convinced him to have a Cars party instead. He was OK with that, but when it came to the cake, well, he got his horsey theme. We ordered the cake on Tuesday. I showed him all the Cars cakes and then he saw a horse one. He was so excited, he wanted the horses. I asked him if he was sure he didn't want the Cars cake and he said, "I want horsey cake, no Cars!" He almost stated to cry! I was happy to order the cake he wanted!

Riley party started at around 4PM. We had quite the party going by 4:30. Fortunately, Riley took a 2 hour nap on the way to and from picking up Great Grandma Leavitt. Of course Riley had to have party hats. That was one of the things he wanted most. He asked about them every time we went to the store. Emma was really cute and got into the action.

We put on Cars, the movie for the kids while dinner was cooked. This was great, everyone was entertained while we made the food, and we were able to get everyone together for pray. We all enjoyed the hot dogs, chips, potato salad, and watermelon. Yum!
After everyone had had their fill, we lit the candle on the cake. I thought Riley was going to burst with happiness. When we started singing to him, he just beamed and wiggled! He blew out the candle and tried to take his piece right there with his hands.

Riley got very concerned when we took the cake away to cut it. So, I brought him over. Little stinker, while I wasn't looking he snagged a taste of the frosting!

After cake, it was time for gifts. Riley totally cleaned up! He got all of his faviorite things: horses, cars, books, noise makers, and trains. It was so fun to see him open his gifts. He was so excited to see each one! Thanks to everyone who help make this day so special for him.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Riley!! It's hard to believe he is a year older already. Where does the time go! Looks like everyone had a great time.
Post a Comment