Saturday, July 18, 2009

so sad

This was our big vacation weekend. We had planned to go down to San Diego for the weekend, take the kids to Sea World and spend some time at the beach. It didn't happen. We were on our way... But then trouble started. When we reached Prim (state line) we decided to stop for dinner. We eat and got the kids into their pjs. About 10 minute later, I noticed that the AC wasn't blowing cool air anymore. Our ac had stopped working. We pulled off the freeway to see what was going on. We said a prayer and felt that we should turn around. I handed the kids some cold water and we started back for home. It was so hot! I know we made the right decision to return to our home and not try to get to our vacation. Driving the van is now a VERY miserable experience. And we are all very disappointed to not get to get out of the heat. We aren't really sure what is wrong, but we are hoping we can get it fixed. My sister is blessing their baby in Salt Lake next week, and I really want to be there. We already have a hotel room. We CAN'T drive up there without air! So, we will see what this week brings.

2 comments:

Mysticnocturne said...

ahhh =( so glad your fam is ok and the new baby is ok!

Erin said...

I'm so sorry about your vacation, but glad you got back ok. I hope the air can get fixed soon. I remember driving around in Mesa, AZ with friends who had no air in the car. It was like an oven!