Well, my graphics card is up and running again. Thanks to my sweetie for getting it ordered and installed!! Yeah!!!! I was finally able to go through my pictures from the 4th of July weekend. It was pretty crazy for us, so bear with me.

Yes the outfits are cute. Yes I made them. Yes, I made Emmaline's hairbow too. If you want to learn how let me know. It's so easy!
Anyway, the weekend started on Thursday. The City of North Las Vegas does their big show early. I guess it saves them tons of money. Anyway, Allen's cousin David and his family live across the street from the park where the fireworks are done. They invited the family to enjoy the celebrations with them. Riley, Emmaline, and Faith (their cousin) enjoyed jumping/falling on the trampoline while they waited for it to get dark.



The fireworks are so close! The kids LOVED it.

Unfortunately, it got us home super late, around 11pm. Happily I thought ahead and brought PJ's for the kids. It was a great night.

The 4th started nice and early. We had a ward breakfast to go to, and I needed to be there early since I've been called to the activity committee.


We got the kids up and in their cute outfits. The kids were able to be in a children's parade, which they thought was GREAT. It was fun to be able to socialize with our ward family.


After breakfast we returned home. Pretty quickly Allen and I knew we had to get out of the house. Riley and Emma were fighting and bouncing off the walls! We decided to go to Red Rock for lunch. We made sandwiches, cut up apples, grabbed chips, drinks and most importantly, water. Then, everyone climbed into the van and off we went. We paid our $5 fee to go into the park and away we went. We hadn't made it far when we realized both the kids were asleep! Allen and I decided that it was worth the money just for those 20 minutes of peace and quiet!
We stopped at the picnic ground. There were a bunch of tables and I tried to find one with at least some shade. I sat in the only shade and tried to eat. We soon realized that it was too hot for Emma in her dress to sit on at the picnic table. So we put a blanket down under the tree for the kids. They thought this was great! And happily ate.


Daddy even got under the tree! It was really hot. We had thought to take a hike, but with the temperature so high we decided that this was not the best way to wear out the kids.
We started to drive out. Then I had a great idea: let's go swimming! So, we called Allen's parents to let them know we were coming over. We had so much fun in the pool. The water was a bit on the warm side, but still felt good. After swimming, Allen's folks invited us to eat with them. So we did. When dinner was finished it was only 4:30. I looked at Allen in a bit of a panic. What were we going to do now? We got home... and once again bouncing off the walls. So, we took the kids to get icecream at Dairy Queen.

Emma wasn't sure about this cherry dipped icecream. She's always gotten chocalate. But once she tasted a few bites, she was happy!

Riley LOVES "red ice cream"! It's his favorite. And often he tells us how his grandma took him to get ice cream at this store. It was pretty cute.
On the way home we stopped on whim at the park by our house. Every Saturday night they show a movie and we were courious as to which movie it was. They were going to show Ice Age as soon as it was dark. Well, we thought this sounded like fun. So we ran home, popped some popcorn, put the kids in PJs and ran back to the park with a blanket and some water.



Riley ran up and down the hill chasing a couple of cute little girls. It was really funny.


During the movie fireworks were being shot off. They were all around us! It was so much fun. Well, that sums up our 4th of July. It was crazy busy! We had a wonderful time spending the day together.
Happy 4th of July!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment