Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Roland's Blessing Weekend

This last weekend we drove up to Salt Lake City for Roland's blessing. Allen's parents were kind enough to let us borrow their truck, so we would have AC on the drive. We were so grateful! It was a very long drive, but not too bad. We stayed in the Little America in downtown Salt Lake. It was so beautiful! Everyone wished we had more than one night to stay. The pool was one of the best parts. They have two, one outside pool and one that is half inside half outside. We decided to check it out, and after seeing the pool we decided we had to take a dip. The only problem was that neither Allen nor I had packed our suits. We got on the tram and went down to the mall. It was great! Best of all it was FREE! This is Riley and Emma waiting for the tram to arrive. They were so excited. This is me and the kids... I told Allen he could take one with me in it, so everyone can see just how fat I'm getting. I haven't gotten to the cute prego stage, I just look big.

We found a suit for Allen (but there weren't any maternity stores) and called it good. We ate dinner at a seafood restaurant and let Riley try shrimp of the first time. He thought they were OK, but not as good as the french fries. Demya, Benson and Rolie joined us down there. From there we meet up with my parents at temple square. It was so cool. The kids loved the fountains. And Riley thought that Angle Moroni was cool. His words not mine. Grandpa with all the kids. He was in heaven!

We had a really rough night of it. No one sleep every well. Emma kept waking up and wasn't feeling very secure. Riley heard something go bump, and then had to pee (not an unusual thing). It was just one of those things. Traveling with kids is hard, mostly because you have to sleep in the same room with them. You're noises bug them and their noises bug you.

Sunday was Rollie's blessing. I'm happy to say we made it, looked cute, and didn't kill anyone in the process. Emma decided to though a whooper of a fit just as the blessing was starting, ugh. But that's my kids for you. Riley screamed through his, Emma laughed through her's, and they just can't seem to sit still during. Oh, well.

Afterward we went to Benson's parent's home for lunch. They had asked if I could take a family photo for them. I think it turned out pretty good. I feel kinda bad that Jeff is cut off in some of them, but I was sinking into the dirt in my silly hills. The overall result is quiet nice I think.

1 comment:

i said...

they did turn out nice!