We had a blast on St. Patties day! It was my turn to do Weldon and Riley's preschool lesson, so I decided to do GREEN and St. Patrick's Day. We had so much fun.
I started the morning with Green Eggs and Ham. No, really I made Green Eggs and Ham...

Then we read the story. Riley thought it was SO funny. In fact, that's what he wanted for breakfast this morning.


Then I got Emma dressed for the day. She knew she was looking cute, can't you tell? And yes, ladies and gentleman, I made those bows... She wore them 3 days in a row because they turned out SO cute!


Just as Emma was finished, Weldon got here. I read them a book about St. Patrick's Day, then we went on a leprechaun search. I gave them each a bag of leprechaun dust (green sprinkles) and we walked around the neighborhood looking for things that were green, and places where that naughty leprechaun might be hiding. We came home and I gave the boys (and Emma) their party hats and noise makers... and we went on parade around the house. Can you tell they were excited? After that we did a little sorting games with shamrocks and four leaf clovers. Finally ending with a wild game of Red Light, Green light. I let the boys play outside in the sandbox while I made lunch: Green bread grilled cheese sandwiches, green apples, green grapes and cucumbers. Weldon had to leave early, but took his lunch with him.



After lunch, I loaded the kidos up in the car and we went to the library for their special St. Patrick's day program. It went OK, but I could sure tell that it was nap/quiet time. What a day! And I still had my doctor's appointment, and had to do a little grocery shopping. Everyone was so tired when we got home!!! But we had to finish our day off with something kinda Irish. So, we had baked potatoes and ham stake with apples. And for desert: Green Jello!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
3 comments:
what a fun day. and what wonderful pigtails!!!
You're kids are so cute and love life:) I love how you make the most of the holiday:)
I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥
Post a Comment