Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We finally have our "new" van back

On Friday we FINALLY got our van back from the repair shop. YEAH!!!!! Riley keeps telling everyone that we have a "new van". He's pretty excited. It took a month. I am so grateful that we kept full coverage on the van. I know that we were inspired in that. Having the van back has been wonderful. Though I have to say, I don't think the estimator did a good job... The original estimate was $4043.... Final bill: $10,091. We believe that if they had know that up front, they would have totaled the van. But what can you do? We did have to fork up the $1000 deductible... so now funds are even tighter than before. Sigh. That eat up one month's rent. Fortunately we just got a check from our medical insurance (did I mention that our COBRA insurance just ran out? We are currently filling out the stack of paper work for Medicaid. We should qualify, we have about $1200 in the bank to last until about May. But we own 2 cars...I don't know). Allen had over paid. Plus the games I've done in the last month help, and my folks gave us a loan for a portion of it.

I'm not sure how things are going to work out, but we are doing our best. We have lots of family that love and support us, and the church will help if we need (and we might...) Hopefully someday all this stupid law school life will be behind us, and we will be in the position to help other out, instead of needing so much help ourselves... this new government scares me to death, and I'm afraid I simply refuse to watch the new much, or read the paper, or listen to the radio. I want to be brave, and face what's going on... It's a bad day when the American people are willing to sell their liberty for stability... I'm not sure what the next years are going to bring. Personally, I just want to get though the next couple of months, but that just me. One day at a time. I think that's all I can do. If I look to far ahead, I get scared, angry, and I just don't understand why this is happening. Allen's explained it to me, I've read some about it... and I still don't get it. Maybe, my brain just doesn't want to get it... but then, if I get so caught up in the fear I'm unable to my job: nurturing, loving and teaching my little ones. Anyway, enough of such thoughts!!! We have our van back. Allen and I are healing faster than our doctor expected. Allen's mom is doing well. My dad is doing well in Qatar (still misses the grandkids, but having lots of fun adventures. Plus he's getting to work on a really cool project). We are almost half way though the semester... and then just 2 more to go!!! YEAH. Hopefully this will be the last car accident we have to deal with for a while!!

2 comments:

Salena said...

I agree with you when it comes to our country’s sad state. I too don’t watch the news especially when the prez is on. I get angry and scared. It’s like if I watch it then I have to deal with the consequences of introducing more fear on my sometimes fragile self. I have been trying really hard not to have fear because it can’t coincide with faith. I if I’m not carful I get crazy and paranoid with fear and let it rule my life, and it does affect my job as mom. I’m glad you finally got your van back but I’m so sad you guys seem to be a magnet for accidents. My sister seems to be a magnettoo. But I think it was her car. When she moved away she left it to my fam and they have had a few run-ins too. Weird. Who knows. Hang in there, you’re a amazing mom.

Christene said...

Hang in there Jess. I know how hard it is when a lot of trials combine at once, but we have been in your position and when we truly open our eyes, we begin to see the hand of the Lord watching over us. I know you see it too, but this is what really helps us through those crazy times. This too shall pass and He is still in control. :)