Saturday, September 20, 2008

BallonaPallooza

Friday night we went to BallonaPallooza III. It was so much fun! My mom, Demya and Benson came with us. BallonaPallooza is a hot air balloon festival held by the City of North Las Vegas. They've converted the golf course there into a regional park. It is beautiful. There was a midway with lots of games and rides. Riley won a little yellow duck from one of the midway games. Grandma let him do the dart game... I was a little scared for the guys running the booth! It was cool, kids played until they "won". We told Riley that he needed to have a buddy... he picked his "Gamma". Grandma got to hold Riley's "tail". He doesn't mind having the backpack on too much, just when it get too sweaty. He was in charge of making sure Grandma was safe! He was so cute! We were hoping to see some of the balloons, but it was too windy. We did get to see some of the baskets and they were lighting their fires. It was really loud, and Riley said that it scared him... but Emmaline was fascinated. Riley was excited about getting a new fireman hat... they don't last long, but he really enjoys them. He wanted Emma to wear hers too, but she just wasn't in the mood. This is Allen bring Riley back from one of his MANY bathroom trips. You would be more irritated by all the trips if it was just a little trickle each time... but no, he could fill a cup for any doctor! We ended our evening by watching the free circus show. It was really cool. It was such a small space, so you really got up close to the acts. You could see the sweat! It was really cool!!! This is us (minus Allen who was taking the picture) just before the show started. Emmaline wanted Riley's flashlight, and Riley wasn't about to give it to her! This guy was pretty cool. He did a bunch of juggling things. I thought this picture was super cool! Go Flames! I am always amazed when people can do this. I know it's something I can't even begin to imagine. Can you imagine fitting into to this box like this? Good grief! This act kinda made me a little sick to my stomach! Riley was totally amazed. Allen shot this video. We were impressed with how well it turned out. I still think these guys are nuts! My heart was pounding so hard! I just knew they were going to run into each other. I was holding Riley at the time, and he grabbed my hand and said: "Don't be afraid Mom." It was cute. He told us later that his favorite part was the pretty girl on the high rope. Go figure, this kid has a thing for girls already, and he's only 3!
It was such a fun evening. The weather was so nice. It's finally starting to cool off here in the south west! About time! It was great to get to spend time with my mom, she's been so busy. Riley loves his family, and has a special bond with his grandparents.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Jessica,
It was a lot of fun. I really liked getting all the balloons for Riley. The weather was just right. Thank you for inviting me to come with your family.
Mom
I posted this in the wrong area. I am trying to get it right!!