Monday, May 3, 2010

Seriously long post

So the last couple of weekends have been kinda crazy around here! Allen's been trying to finish up his writing requirement for school (it's FINALLY done!) which has meant I've need to find things for me and the kids to do. That coupled with a nasty cold/allergies has made me one crazy mommy. Any who, we've had some fun adventures this month! I would really like to know what's happening to this year? It's going by WAY too fast!  So to recap (and I'll try to keep up in the month of May)

General conference weekend we went geocaching. We took the kids up passed the temple to check out anther side of town. Allen let me guide the group and I found the cache! (hey look it's me!)
We also went to our wonderful friend Erin's house for the morning session Easter Sunday. They set up a little Easter egg hunt for the kids and we enjoyed so yummy food.


The following weekend one of my cousins came to visit and my dad finished the brand new tire swing set in the backyard. Can we say LOVE it!

Friday April 9th we went with Erin and her boys to the fun McKee's ranch. She was scouting out places to take engagement pictures and invited us along. It was so much fun. Riley helped the folks brush a couple of horses and clean their feet. He was in HEAVEN!

I thought the above shot was SO cute! Emma was really being cute that day! The kids are looking at a big pig. This place was AMAZING! They had all kinds of animals and things to look at, signs all over. It was really cool (thanks for the invite Erin!)


We also went to the Clark County Fair. It was fun, crazy windy though. Riley and Emma had a blast riding the pony ride and Riley LOVE the sling shot. Thanks so much Mom and Dad Leavitt who paid for us to go and helped so much with the kids... I would have been very stressed out if they hadn't been there to help.






The weather around here has been so weird this month! On Monday the 19th, it was almost 85... Allen was done with his internship and only had classes Tuesday and Thursday so we took the kids out to find some treasures. (of course)
Allen thought this particular cache had a really cool box! Riley and Emma got really hot. They ran and ran!


The next day we went with Allen to school. Beka had been invited to participate in a study to see what languages babies seem to prefer and if they recognize changes in pitch. We got a cute free onesie out of the deal. It was a beautiful day, and I got some amazing shots, like the one of the bird in I posted earlier.We had fun in the museum they have on campus, and then we played outside. That's the day I realized I needed UV lens for all my lens. These shots have a clarity that I wasn't getting with my other lens, and were taken with my big telephoto lens.




So, with the weather being so crazy hot. We got a little pool for the kids to play in. The water is still a cool 65 degrees, but they don't care! Of course this week the temperature outside has been in the 60s so we haven't really had a chance to play in the pool. And have I mentioned the wind? UGH! We had 60 mile hour wind gusts!

Finally (for tonight) we attend the Bird Sanctuary's fund raiser. We love Gilcrease Bird Sanctuary. We've been there many times. But a couple of months ago they had a fire there. They lost a bunch of birds and a housing. They are planing on rebuilding, and we went to support. It's just done the street from us too,which made it such a great outing with the kids. Emma and Riley got a really kick out of feeding the goats.
Beka was a particular pain on this adventure. The only time she wasn't fussing was when I had her in the snuggly... that's kinda where she hangs out during outings, hence there are few pictures of her! But I had to take at least one with the three kids. They are pretty cute!

Riley was very worried about the peacocks, which we learned later they had lost most of. The few that remained are what the kids are looking at in the picture below:
 
Well, thanks to anyone who read/look through this long post... mostly I did it so I wont forget what happened in April... Oh, and we had Dad's birthday (no of the pictures were that good) So, Happy May everyone!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Me, I read it:) Good times! As soon as we get a car again, we can hang out.

Jessica said...

hmmm, maybe we can come down to you! Sorry about your car :(