Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happenings around here

I thought I'd post some of the pictures from my picture project here for you all to look at and give an update on what going on around here.

I told Emma that she looked like a lady that lunches... she thought Mommy was really funny! She wanted her pictures taken, and then ran away from the camera. Silly girl!
Riley is such a good big brother! I loved how this shot turned out! I wasn't sure when I had them both down on the floor (Emma was still napping) But when I pulled this up on the computer later, my heart melted! Beka loves Riley. I wouldn't be surprised if her first words were: "wi..wi" (Riley in baby talk)
Finally for your viewing pleasure. Beka has been sitting up all by herself today! You go girl!! I LOVE the faces she's pulling!


Notes on Beka:
Monday Beka had her 6 month check up. Poor baby got some shots.
She is 11 pounds 4 oz and 24 inches long (I think, I could be off on the height). Doctor isn't too worried about her being kinda small, she's is perfectly proportional. This means her head, weight, and height are developing at the same rate. Which is good. She on her own line on the growth chart, but following it faithfully. She's developing normally, but has still has a heart murmurer. We have an appointment with the cardiologist to have it checked out. She loves to blow raspberries and babble. Beka is all over her crib and is holding herself up well. I'm afraid it wont be long before she is crawling! UGH!!!

So, there's the low down on our little Beka Sue.

Emma's has turned into quite a handful... She is testing boundaries and wanting to do everything "by myself!" Oh, and everything is NO! If you ask her something, you can bet that you are going to get a negative answer... and then she changes her mind.  It's been tough, but we love her, and know that this too will pass!

Riley has been a real delight! He told me today that he really likes church because it teaches him how to be closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus. This makes him feel happy and good on the inside. He love to listen to "pretty music" in the car. This is either the Primary songs or Erin Hatch's compositions. He loves her song about the temple and Warriors of Light!

I was so proud of the way he acted at church on Sunday. He was so reverent! He also can't wait to start school. Allen downloaded a Leapfrog video that teaches kids the sounds of the alphabet. It's been crazy hearing Riley sound out words!

Riley's also been trying to help me out. He sets the table and helps clear it too. I've been so proud of how he's acted with Emma. She hasn't been very nice to be around lately, and he's been a really trouper trying really hard to take care of her! It's been a real blessing for me to have him being so kind and helpful! I'm not sure I'd have made through the last week or so if he was going through a grumpy Riley cycle!

I've been CRAZY busy. I've had a photo shot every weekend this month. It's been wonderful! We have been so blessed with this. I've almost payed off my camera... Almost, so anyone out there interested in a family portrait.. let me know and we can talk price.

Allen's studying for  the bar... enough said. We hope to have our loving hubby and daddy back before Riley's birthday.

Well, that's a little update on us!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, my goodness, these pictures! I love the picture of Emma! That's so great that Riley is getting the reverence thing down, and being such a sweet brother:)