Tuesday, November 10, 2009

MGM Lions

A few weeks ago I dragged my dad with me to take the kids to see the lions at the MGM. It's a free exhibit and I wanted to do something fun with the kids... I had been kinda a boring stay in the house not leave all day mommy... I think that's what happens when your almost 9 months pregnant. Anyway, the kids really enjoyed it. One of the coolest things about the exhibit was going under the lions. They have a tunnel that you walk through and the lions LOVE to lay down on top. It took some convincing to get Emmaline to look up... but once she did Emma was very impressed. Her mouth was just hanging open. It was really cute!I tried to get a cute picture with the lions, dad, and the kids... Couldn't get the kids to look at me. Emma was too amazed at the big cats right about her head. Both kids were really impressed. It is really cool how close you can get to the lions. Riley and Emma were both in amazement with all the lights and sounds that go along with the casino. Riley in particular liked the bar that looked like it was underwater. The best part I think was going to the rain forest cafe afterward. If you never been it's a lot of fun. There is a thunder shower every couple of minutes. There are animals all around you (fake but animated) and they all start doing their thing. My favorite animal was the giant butterflies. It was really cool. The other amazing thing in the rain forest cafe was the aquariums. They are from ceiling to floor circular tubes. The were salt water tanks with giant fish! Walking out of the shop was this giant snake! It gave Riley quite the scare!

All in all it was a really fun outing. I think I'd have planned a little differently but it was really nice to get out of the house!

1 comment:

Erin said...

So fun, I gotta take Ethan sometime. Love the free stuff in Vegas! It was good to come see you today:)