Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baby Update

Hi all, Just wanted to give an update on our newest little Leavitt. Sunday evening I was having contractions and generally not feeling well. Allen took us up to the hospital to get checked out. I was 3 cm dilated, and having contractions about 5 minutes apart. They started me on an IV for fluids and penicillin because I've tested positive of beta strep in the past. It turned out that I also had an urinary track infection which is what the nurses think may have started labor. Thankfully, with all the liquids (5 bags of IV fluids in 12 hours) and the antibiotics labor pretty much stopped. By morning I was still only 3 cm dilated and my contractions were more than 15 minutes apart or more. I was sent home on orders to stay quiet and rest. After reading my discharge papers, I'm on bed rest for the rest of the week. My doctor would like to see me stay pregnant for at least 36 weeks which will be on Thursday. Obviously, longer would be better. Full term is considered any baby born after 37 weeks. So, the kids are with grandparents so that Mommy can rest. I love my little ones, but know that I can't take care of them right now which has been hard to swallow. I know that my focus has to be on taking care of me and keeping this baby were she belongs! Anyway, prayers would of course be appreciated. We REALLY don't want to have to relive Emmaline's birth experience. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Christene said...

Glad to see you are home, resting and letting that baby cook a little longer. I know how tough it can be to have the kids away, but you're right, you need to focus on what is best for baby and Mom right now. They will love spending time with the grandparents and you will love having a healthy baby. I hope everything continues to go well. We'll have you in our prayers!