Today was Veteran's Day, and I wanted to make sure we did something to commemorate it. We took flowers and flags to Grandpa Leavitt's grave. I got some GREAT pictures from that outing. After getting the sand, Demya invited us to have lunch with them. It was such a pretty day, that I suggested that we take the lunch to the park. It was fun, minus Riley's attitude. It all end well, after a mad dash to the bathroom, Riley asked very sweetly: "Mommy, can I please play on at the playground?" How could I say no? He was so sweet about, and he ASKED! So I told he could for about 30 minutes. Riley was so happy!
Then we had a glorious afternoon... Emma fell asleep on the drive home. I told Riley that he had to have quiet time and I set the timer on the dryer. He knows that when the dry buzzer goes off, quiet time is done. Well, when the buzzer went off, no Riley... after about 5 minutes, I went to check on him... HE WAS ASLEEP! I could have cried! I had a whole 1/2 hour to myself... and what did I do, photoshopped pictures of the kids...
My sweet honey came home and let me enjoy UFO night with the Relief Society. Un Finished Object night. Basically, you bring whatever crafty project you have floating around your house, and work on it. Allen called it a "hen party." I don't know how to feel about that, but it was so fun! I really love my ward, it's so exciting to get to know other ladies outside of Sunday. So, I guess, another big thanks to Allen! I almost got the quilt I'm tying for Emma done, and got to talk to a bunch of gals! I really needed girl time.









3 comments:
What a beautiful thing to do with part of your 4 day weekend! And I am delighted that Riley fell asleep, leaving you some Jessica time. We love you.
Way to do the half color/b/w pic with the flag!! I agree, this was a cool thing for your family to do. You are making great memories!
Post a Comment