Monday
Tuesday
Well, truthfully, Monday wasn't much of anything, unless you count finally finding the bottom of the clothes mess. A wonderful friend from Riley's soccer team gave us her daughter's outgrown clothes. This was such a blessing! We had no idea how we were going to clothe our little girl... and now we have clothes clear up to 3T... not many past 2T, but enough to start from! We have been so blessed in that department. Most of the clothes Emma wore her first year were given to us by a wonderful lady: Kim Thomas! Her daughter was born in October the year before Emmaline, and it was her last. I have been so grateful for all the stuff that has been given to us. One of Allen's schoolmates gave us her son's outgrown clothes. I really don't know what we would have done without this help.
Anyway, because I had been so blessed by these clothes. I know that I had to pass them along. And my wonderful husband brought all of Emma's outgrown clothes in for me on Sunday... Now Monday is my usually laundry day, but I couldn't even walk through the house without stepping on something, let alone try to sort clothes. So I organized all of the clothes into bags according to size and took them over to Marylynn and TJ. Their little girl was born on Friday. I also found a bottom to the mess in half the house! I just wished the mess had stayed away for longer than just a two days!
Tuesday
This day was also dedicated to cleaning house. I got all of our rooms clean. It was a wonderful feeling to have a clean house, even if it was just for a few days. I also found a few odds and ends of Emma's... shoes, tights, hats, diaper covers, all that crazy little girl stuff. I took it over to Mary. We let the boys play for about an hour. It was so much fun. We made a date to meet at the park the Thursday. I wanted to take a few maternity pictures of Marylynn, so I could try using my new skill with photo shop.
Wednesday:
I got to babysit Allen's niece Faith. It was the first time we've had her over to our house.. and it was fun. Riley was so excited that he was a bit of a handful, but it all worked out. Demya and Benson came over to bring the second highchair. It was so cute to watch the two little girls play!
Thursday:
I was so excited to go to the park. I spent a some time in the morning looking up different techniques and poses for good maternity shots. I found some really cool websites! I love taking pictures, and I really would love to take some classes! I think the pictures turned out well. I also had fun playing with photoshop. Here are the pictures I liked best:
It's supposed to be a little bury, I made it that way. It's supposed to give the pictures a soft look.
I think that all new big brothers/sisters should be part of the process. It's going to change their lives too. I thought these pictures was so cute!
This Barbara Peterson (Mary's mom) I think this is a nice family group shot.
It's supposed to be a little bury, I made it that way. It's supposed to give the pictures a soft look.
Grandmother, Mother and daughter... so fun. On a side note: I got a picture of Barbara's eyes open!! Go me! Apparently, this is a very difficult feat, they even had to have her eyes painted on once for a family picture...
Friday
This was a very early morning for me. I had volunteered to watch Weldon while Tabitha made her entrance into the world. The c-section was scheduled for 9:30AM, which meant that Mary had to be at the hospital around 7:30. They dropped Weldon off at about 7:15, but we got up around 6:30. We ate breakfast, then I walked the boys to the park. They played and played and played. It was so much fun have Weldon here. Tabitha Eve Delvin made her debut at 8 pounds 1 ounce and 18 inches long. I got to see pictures when TJ picked Weldon up, she's super cute, and I can't wait to meet her.
The other super exciting happening was getting to see Twilight with a group of girl friends. These girls I meet at institute, about 11 years ago! Holy Cow where has the time gone! It was a blast! The movie was fun, and it was great to visit with friends that I hadn't seen in so long! I do have to say it was fun to get to see Twilight with so many people. I didn't get home until almost 1... But it was so worth it! Thanks Cindy for inviting me!
Saturday!
Where do I begin... we had 3 big events for Saturday... Riley's last soccer game, Cindy was getting sealed to her parents, and Faith's first birthday party! Fortunately nothing overlapped, and we were able to get a little bit of a nap after Riley's soccer game.
Riley's soccer game was at 8AM...sigh, I won't miss that part. It was really cute, as I was getting Riley dressed he asked me if his "gama" (my mom) was coming to the game. I told him that she probably wasn't because she had a lot of work to do. I swear to you, that no sooner were those words out of my mouth, than the phone rang.. guess who! "Gama" wanted to know if she could get a ride with us to Riley soccer game... can we say goose bumps. Riley was so excited to have her there. He played really good. Of course, I forgot my camera... ugh! After the game, they gave out the trophies. I will try to post a picture with Riley and his trophy. He was so cute about it, he loved it! I was really glad we decided to order one for him! After the game, we took everyone home for some breakfast and quite time.I was so tired!
I was so excited to get to go to the temple with Allen! We haven't been for a long time, and it's such a wonderful place to be. It made me feel calmer, more hopeful about the future. We were going because my sweet friend Cindy(the gal I went to see Twilight with) was getting sealed to her parents. Her mom passed away 1 year ago last Sunday. It was incredible to feel the spirit that was there. It was kinda funny, there were only 4 men in the sealing, including the proxy and the sealer... so Allen got to serve as a witness. I was so grateful to have taken the time to support my friend, and to witness such a sweet day!
We then rushed home, we had to get everyone ready for Faith's party. It was a fairly big event! Here are a few of the pictures I took.
This is one of Faith's new toys... It's a stacking toy made up of Winnie the Pooh characters. All of the little big kids loved it! They had fun using it as hats.
Birthday girl opening her gifts!
What a crazy week we have had... One would think that our little ones have slept well Saturday night... "sigh" I'm afraid not. Emma, our sleeper through the night-er, woke up at midnight. Riley soon followed suit... We finally were able to go to bed around 1:30... just to woken up at a quarter to 6 by Riley... I'm afraid it made for a very challenging Sunday, but it's after midnight now, and all is quiet (of course Emma woke up around 11:30)....
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know that this year we will be counting our blessings and hope that this next year can be a happy one.
Happy Thanksgiving!









2 comments:
THat;s so great you had clothes given to you. I know the ones you gave us really helped. Keep taking cute pictures!
It sure was fun to see you and your little ones at Faith's party. What a crowd! Great pictures.
Mom Leavitt
Post a Comment