Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another Fast and Easy Meal

So, tonight was one of those nights… You know the ones: everyone is feeling grumpy and tired, and there’s no plan for dinner… Yeah one of those, where you go back and forth: What do you want for dinner? I don’t know what do you want? And so on. Well, this wonderful quick dinner came to the rescue, again. It’s a quick meal with just a few ingredients! And SO yummy! This feeds a small family, but as my kids are getting older I need do double the recipe! Riley ate 1 1/4 of one! I think he would have eaten more if there had been any.

Hope you enjoy!

beka being cute-5304

Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas 

Preheat oven 350 degrees

  • 2 cups of shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken, usually what leftover from having the bird the night before)

  • 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar/Mexican blend cheese (we used Monterey and cheddar mix)

  • 1/2 cup  ranch dressing

  • 1/4 cup sour cream

  • 2 tbsp diced green chilies (I use a small can of mild green chilies, I generally just dump the whole can in. It’s just over 2 tbsp)

  • 4 flour tortillas

Mix together chicken, 3/4 cup cheese, dressing, sour cream and chilies in a bowl. Divide evenly and place in tortillas. Roll and place seam side down in 9” baking dish. Top with remaining 3/4 cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the cheese is brown.