Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rodeo Riley

I believe that this will be an ongoing theme throughout the next couple of months. Riley’s obsession with horse started before he was 2. I really thought maybe he would grow out of it , but no. He loves riding and being around horses. He’s really good with them too. Last year for Christmas my mom started taking him riding once a week. That was his present. And he LOVED it. The sweet lady whose horse we have enjoyed has a riding club.  She teaches kids to ride. They are part of an organization called gymkhah. Strange name. But they compete in rodeo events throughout the year. He’s really excited. The first event is this Saturday at Horsemen’s park and he has to be there before 8AM. It’s a real drive for us, and oh so early! But he can’t wait.

Last Saturday I went with him to his first practice. There were about 15 other kids. They start at about 4 years old and go up to about 15. He was in heaven!

Riley smiling

When it wasn’t his turn to ride Misty (the old little blind horse he rides) Grandma put him on back of the horse she was riding! Too much fun!mom and Riley smiling  mom and riley mom and riley 2  riley fixing his sadel

 

I love this last picture. He was concentrating so hard. b&w riley riding alone

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I love love love this post. We've been trying to do something for Kristen horse-riding-wise. Everything is so expensive though. Any thoughts? I'm going to go check out the group you mentioned in your post.

Really happy for Riley - go ride 'em! I'm sure he'll do great Saturday!

Erin said...

How fun! I need to look at this group, too. Ethan would love it, when he gets older:)

Judy said...

Have Jessica give you my contat information I will be glad to share my contacts with you. Mom