Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Joan’s Funeral

The Saturday following Joan’s passing we gathered for her funeral. Allen had been asked to do the Eulogy. He really struggled with it. He spent the night before working on it.  To read it click on the link above. Allen was unable to read it. As the music started, the passing of his mom finally hit him. His dad jumped in and read the beautiful tribute.

This was the first funeral I’ve ever been to that I was really sad at. It was a hard thing. But I am so grateful for the gospel that teaches us that family are a forever unit.

IMG_6811-2

IMG_6816-3   

I am so thankful for my sweet sister and her hubby for coming down for the service. Between them and my parents they tended my little ones so I could support Allen.  

 

 IMG_6834-5  IMG_6917-17

The flowers were lovely and the casket beautiful

IMG_6907-16 IMG_6872-7

Riley really struggled with his grandma’s funeral practically when they closed the casket and when we had to leave her at the graveyard.

IMG_6879-8IMG_6904-14

It was very hot at the gravesite, so we didn’t linger. Celise produced a wonderful slideshow of Joan. We are so grateful to the wonderful Relief Society who provided the food and decorated the gym so lovely. It really made us feel loved!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Jessica,
Your pictures are just as the day was. You are so stong that Allen will always remember this day and how you helped him. Joan was there and the kids will be able to remember her with all the pictures you have taken and shared. THank you for being who you are.
Mom