Saturday, October 3, 2009

I hate cars

So for the past month we have been dealing with car problems. I HATE car problems. I find them frustrating, aggravating, make me crazy, and there's really nothing I can do about them crazy things. First Allen's car basically blow up. We think the head gastic blew (please excuse my ignorance, but if you asked I couldn't really tell you what it means) and we spend a great deal of time and effort trying to fix it. It finally came down to: do we keep throwing money at this hoping that it something we do fixes the problem, or do we start looking for a different car. I'd love to say "new" but yeah, we are in the 3rd year of law school, there's no such thing as new. We decided to start looking for an additional car. We found one, it seemed to be running good... yeah, seemed to be. The next day when Allen took it to get smoged... smoke and death. Oil was leaking, and smoking and the dumb thing didn't pass smog... not because it was smoking (again you'd have to ask Allen, I'm not sure what was wrong). UGH! Thankfully my dad is around. He and Allen spent yesterday working on the car. And this morning it passed smog, it doesn't smoke or die!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! So, Allen's car is working... and my van is possessed.

I'm serious. A few weeks ago the back ac stopped working. Actually, the fan blowing air in the back stopped working. This is a really headache because this means no heat, ac, air anything is going on in the back. It also made the front ac not work as well. A couple of days later, the driver side door slider stopped opening... very irritating. When we bought the van you could only open that door from the inside or with the auto doors... now you have to open the driver door and pull the door open. A couple of days after that the driver side window stopped working... So, now when the ac isn't cooling the only air coming into the van is from the passenger side window. We figured it was just that the van has a lot of miles on it, and it's starting to wear out... not so my friends. Yesterday, while following Allen to my parents' house everything started to work! I went over a bump and boom the fan started to work. I went to show my dad by opening the doors for the kids, and Emma's door opened! And low and behold the driver side window rolled down! Oh my goodness!!! It all worked for most of the day yesterday... and then just like that! Everything stopped again... I was one sad panda. I really hate cars!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hear you, I grew up with used cars. My mom had the same frustration. I hope the car yuckiness goes away soon for you:)