Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Halloween?
So, I've been racking my brain on what to dress Emma and Riley up as for Halloween. I asked Riley what he wanted to be... yeah, not so helpful. He had a different answer just about every time. However, pirate came up many times. I didn't want to do pirates again... big pain, and I just don't have the energy I had last year (being almost 8 months pregnant will do that). I finally got the Halloween stuff out today. Mostly we have a few costumes. In my mind I was going to dress Emma up in a Tiger costume Riley had worn when she was a baby, but the costume was too long... ugh. So, I tried it on Riley, too short. So, I finally gave in and let Riley try on last year's costume. It FIT! I was shocked! Yes, the pants aren't pants but shorts... so what, it's a pirate costume, if you look a little rag-tag it makes it cooler. Well, I figured I had nothing to lose.. and tried Emma's on her.. It fit too. Hmmmm. So, does it make me a bad mommy if we are going to go as the same thing this year? I hope not. As for me, I think I'm just going to be a great big pumpkin. I'm round enough for it!
This was last year. I was so sure Emma would be walking (yeah, not so much). But we made her stand for just a few shots.
I think it looks pretty cool. We will have to find some sort of shoes, and of course Riley wants a parrot. And, if you get one for him, Emma will have to have one too. (She's gotten quite vocal about what she sees as unfair treatment. If Riley gets something, she wants something too.) But this is a small thing to me. I know where to buy fake birds, and I'm sure their black shoes will be fine. Get Emmaline some tights and we are done! I don't have to worry about what they are going to wear anymore!!! Yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment