Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Scary Geese
Last week my brother in law Brigham and I took the kids to Floyd Lamb State park to feed the birds. It was a beautiful day, and seemed like a fun thing to do. The intent was to feed the ducks. The geese had other ideas! 

See the goose up on the deck? This was just the first in a major invasion that the geese conducted to get all the bread!
These geese tried to take the bread right from the bag! That takes all the fun out of it!
These crazy geese followed us all around the park. They thought Riley's bag of leaves was more bread... I really don't like geese (not sure if I've ever mentioned that?).. in fact, they kinda scare me a lot! I remember taking Riley to Floyd Lamb before Emmaline was born, and getting surrounded by these same evil geese...
Riley and I were perched up on top of a table, and the geese completely surrounded us! I was really scared (the picture above, which I took 2 years ago, shows about 1/3 of the crazed geese that had us trapped!). But anyway, I still love this particular park! It's a beautiful oasis from the brownness that is Las Vegas! But I think next time, we will check out the historical building and the less scary peacocks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I agree, geese are way too pushy. We walked down to one of the lakes and there was a goose that walked right up to us. I think it thought we had bread. They definitely intimidate me. I am not a fan.
I do love that park though! :)
Post a Comment