I was feeling the need to reconnect with you. I love looking back at old posts and remembering the adventure we were on.
We've been on many adventures that haven't been written down. This makes me feel sad because those memories get lost. Life is so busy, crowed with stuff, and I get so overwhelmed by it all sometimes.
If I had to describe how I've felt the last couple of months it would be with the word: OVERWHELMED.
I'm not sure why...
I recently finished a book called Carry on Warrior:The Power of Embracing Your Messy, Beautiful Life. In one of the chapters she talked about gifts. Each of us has one. This gift is what we do that gives us joy. You must do that thing and not worry about the outcome. And I started thinking about what brings me joy. What makes getting out of bed in the morning worth it? What do I do that makes me excited?
I love capturing moments. I really do. I used love my camera, and I used to love this little blog of mine. But, then I started looking outside. My pictures weren't as good as I wanted, I didn't have anything profound to write. I was looking at what others did with similar gifts and felt like I wasn't good enough. That what I brought to the table was just junk. So, I've missed out. Letting that little voice of doubt become the only voice I was listening. This did not fill me with joy, duh. I was letting that voice that told me that I am not enough, rule everything.
So, I decided it was time to change the thinking... one baby step at a time. I pulled out my camera (not my phone) and took the kids to the Springs Preserve on one of their short days. We had fun, and I capture some sweet moments:
Have you ever noticed how many pictures of you kids' backsides you get?
This weekend we took the kids up to the mountains to hike, and I took my camera. Do I love all the pictures I took. No. No I don't. I realized how out of practice I am. But, and there is a huge BUT, the moment was captured.
Seriously, how cute are these three? Ephram wanted to walk with his ammama.
I was BRAVE. I gave my hubby the camera so that I would be in some of the pictures. I can do scary things!
Yesterday the moon was big and bright. I got my camera out and took a few pictures. Then the kids and I played with long exposer and a flash light. So fun.
When Beka and Ephram were in the bath that night, they looked so cute. I grabbed my camera and took a few fun shots of them.
Life has to be about more than just surviving moment to moment. We have to find how we can bring a little joy to the world. To bring our gift to the table and be OK with what our gift is.
This is what I am going to be working on. Being OK with what I bring to the world and squashing that voice inside of me that says you aren't! Squish! Squash!












No comments:
Post a Comment