So, our newest addition was born August 23, 2012 at 10:38 am. He weighed in at 8 pound 4.2 oz and was about 20 inches long.
I woke up around 2 to go to the bathroom (not an unusual thing) and the pain was getting pretty intense. I’d seen my doctor on Wednesday and she had told me that once the contractions started to get uncomfortable to come in or I even thought that I might be stating labor. DON’T WAIT! So, Allen started making phone calls to get someone over to be with the kids. He thankfully got a hold of his bother Josh who came over. (Thanks a million Josh and Rachael) We hurried off to the hospital, which thankfully is only 7 minutes away.
When we got to the hospital, they checked me. I was dilated to about 6 and she said my cervix was very soft. They took us to a labor and delivery room. My contractions were not very consistent. I’d have 3 really good ones, about 2 minutes apart and then I wouldn’t have one for 18 minutes. So they add pitocin to my IV, and they called for the anesthesiologist for my epidural. I wont lie, I was excited to have a relatively pain free delivery. It didn’t exactly go that way. The anesthesiologist had a hard time getting the needle in the right spot, I had shooting pain going down my right leg and a ton of pressure in my hips. So, he took it out and had to redo the epidural. It seemed to be working, but as labor progressed I noticed that my right side was completely numb, I couldn’t feel a thing or move it. My left side wasn’t numb at all… totally uncool! The worst of both worlds, could feel pain and not being able to move to relieve it! I cried, especially when my water broke and the contractions really started. The nurse had me lying on my left side in the hopes that the meds would start going down that side. Didn’t work, but when I rolled to the other side I got a little relief, thank heavens! It was just in time to start pushing. I have a wonderful doctor, who coached me though. Three contractions and about nine big pushes and he was out. No tearing, no stitches! We asked the nurse how long the labor had been. They counted it from 2 AM, so about 8 hours, from the time my water broke until he was delivered 17 minutes. Good thing we didn’t wait!
First impression: woo he has a lot of hair!
Second impression: He’s really cute, and I am so glad that’s over!
Ephram weighed in at 8 lb 4 oz and was measured at 21 inches (we have been to the pediatrician since than and it appears he’s only 20 inch). He is by far our largest baby. He’s got a pound on Riley and Beka. And about 3 pounds on Emma.
Allen brought the kids over in the evening. They were all very excited to meet their new baby brother. I was glad to see them.
Riley was so excited about a baby brother. We took the kids with us to the ultra sound and asked the technician to check twice to make sure it was a boy!
Emma has been such a big helper. She told me the other day: “Mommy thank you for having my little brother. He is so cute!”
Beka was the one I was a little worried about. Her whole world has been turned upside down. But she adors her brother. She gets me diapers and wipes, gives him super gentle kisses. Makes sure he has his blankets. It’s really cute.
I absolutely love the pictures of Beka! She gave him that little kiss and then looked up and was worried about being in trouble. So CUTE!
UGH! We are a family of 6!! Not sure about all the strange faces, but they are still cute!
I stayed in the hospital until Saturday. It just felt like the thing to do. I was so sore, and tired. My back was killing me. So, I felt I need some extra time to heal without kids jumping on me. Everyone was happy when mommy and baby came home.









No comments:
Post a Comment