Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What I've been up to

OK would someone please tell me what happened to January? Where did it go? hmmm, well I know I was working... A Lot! I score kept 21 basketball games, and started teaching on Tuesdays and Thursdays at a small school called Journey. I'm teaching middle school science with 3 seventh grader boys. We are preparing to enter a model bridge building contest so four younger (6 graders) have joined us. It's been fun and stressful trying to work on my timing, and trying to fill an hour and half class. Add to this my new calling as primary pianist, and life has gotten much more complicated! I hadn't really practiced since way before Allen and I got married... oops.

The Lord seems to have decided that time to stop burying my talents! Boy has the Lord put that into my life this month. I had not been using many of my talents, just coasting though. Yeah, well he put an end to that this month. With having to practice playing the piano during the week and having to play in front of people and for people, it's forcing me to get over my public playing anxiety... and having to prepare the lessons for my class has forced me to dig out my old text books and start thinking like an engineer or at least a scientist! Dang, I thought I was all done with physics! I'm realizing that I have a lot of talents, and the Lord wont let me stand idly by and not work. We have been so blessed to have wonderful grandparent willing to watch the kids while I work! Thank you guys SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

I've also been trying to work on my goal of using my sewing calender this year. Some of the project I haven't done, but have substitute with other things. This isn't a very good picture, but I the project was fun. It's a car organizer. I put it in the back of the van for Riley. In primary they are encouraging the kids to bring scriptures. They are collecting money (one penny per scripture) to get one of the kids in primary a subscription to the Friend. We got Riley a small Book of Mormon and I made him this scripture tote. He LOVES it!

I also made these way cute hats for the girls. I'm currently working on one for Riley. Minus the pink flower and ruffles. I'm going to add a bright green strip on his. We spent last Saturday geocaching at Red Rock. There was still a little snow! We also did some of this: Riley got a two wheeler bike. He is learning how to ride. However, he rides SO slowly that Emmaline and I can keep up with him pushing our strollers!

What a crazy month, huh. I also did a photo shot for the Devlins which turned out super cute. I've been inspired by my friend Erin to learn more about photo shop and photography. I want to improve that talent too! I've been honored by my sweet friend Rachael to take her engagement pictures and wedding pictures this year. I'm also excited to do family photos of my family, extended family and friends! How much fun is this going to be!

Riley's been taking horse back riding lessons with Grandma Peterson. She takes him Tuesday afternoons. He's learning how to use the reins and how to make the horse go. The horse he's ridding is a little 14 hand mare named Misty. Misty is mostly blind but incredible gently and well trained. He is in heaven! I can't wait to see him ride.

I just hope things slow down a little for February (don't think they will, already had 6 basketball games and have 3 more tomorrow) and I can try to enjoy the journey! That's my goal this year: to enjoy the journey, not get so caught up in what's going to happen, what should be happening, and what my kids should be doing (and aren't), and to stop stressing over things I can't control. I pray that it makes my life and the life of my kids a little bit happier

1 comment:

Amy said...

Those hats are adorable!! I have been into crocheting lately, too. If you have that pattern, I would love it.