And about 1 minute after I heard: "Look at me Mom!" I turned to watch Riley jump for a bar on the monkey bars, miss and land hard. He started to cry and clutch his arm. I hustled everyone to the van and hurried home. I knew something was wrong. Allen took Riley to "Quick Care" and 4 hours later we had a diagnosis: broken wrist.
He was to wear the splint for next two weeks...
Allen asked the doctor about our vacation plans. The doctor said he should be fine as long as he kept the splint on.
We were so blessed to be able to spend 2 weeks in Baja, Mexico in Allen's dad's vacation home. It was so relaxing. The days were pretty simple: wake up and eat breakfast, sit on the balcony and watch the waves/birds/boat and look for whales, play around the house, eat lunch, go down the beach, come back to the house and have dinner, bed. It was wonderful!
The first week my parents came with down. They were such a blessing. It was nice to have an even kid to adult ratio!
We caravanned down. UGH, the traffic was something else. We finally got to the Costco in San Diego. We got food and supplies for the week. Then because it was so late, we had pizza.
We arrived at the house pretty late. Got everyone to bed and settled.
The next morning I looked out my window and saw this neat sight:
What a wonderful blessing to be able to spend time with my parents. The kids loved having them with us!
We spent tons of time playing on the beach, watching the waves, hanging around. It was fun. Mom and I went into town and got some groceries, which was quite the adventure!
This is the view as you are walking along the cliffs to get to the stairs that lead you to the beach. You can see who's down there.

The kids loved digging in the sand. I was glad we grabbed an extra bucket at Costco so we can dig at the parks now that we are home. These blue hats were such a blessing for my little fair haired kids.
Riley really enjoyed have his grandparents around. They had such a great time playing!
I went looking for Allen one evening. As I was walking down the stairs I found this:
The sunsets were amazing!
These next few pictures were taken using my nice camera (not my phone). One evening Dad got the kite out and flew it into the sunset! I thought the picture was really cool.
From the balcony looking down. Ephram was forever getting into things down there!
He loved being able to be outside all the time. Ephram is playing with the shells the kids had collected.
Can't go anywhere without taking a few pictures of the flowers! They were so beautiful.
More kite flying!
This was Mom and Dad's last night with us. The sun really put on a show that night!
This picture really captures their relationship. He adores his grandma! Riley is so much better when she is around. I think it's because she really gets him and he know it.
Mom and Dad left the next morning. We were sad to see them go, but were so excited for the next week to see the Murdocks come down!
We spent the weekend watching the LDS General Confrence and of course enjoying Easter! Easter bunny found us and we had a wonderful dinner!





















.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment