Thursday, February 12, 2015

Growing up

My kids have decided to do something crazy... they are starting to grow up! Not sure how on earth that happened, one day I woke up and I had two kids that looked like this:


Whom I'm quite certain just looked like this:


When I looked at the first picture on the computer, I nearly cried. Emma is turning into quite a young lady. She is so excited to get baptized later this year and really wants to be ready. It makes one's head spin.  Riley and Emma both needed new uniforms and play clothes because they had jumped a size.

We had a rare nice no fighting day last Saturday. I had to document it.    


Riley is really trying hard. He is doing really well in school this year. We still struggle with handwriting and slowing down. It's been a hard move for him. There aren't many boys his age at church and he doesn't go to school with them. He does seem to be making friends at school and at cub scouts. We have a very small den, there are about 3 boys that come. He seems to have found a new friend who sits with us during sacrament meeting. It has made that first hour so much easier for us.


Ephram is growing like a weed too. He loves his siblings and really hates that they all go to school without him.
 

He has also informed us that his name is Mark. Another person going by their middle name. Hmm, I will try to call him that, but I may or may not be successful.

Beka. My little pixie. She has her own way of doing things that is for sure. She love the color orange, fairies, games, running, jumping, playing games at her sport explore class, Stitch, Flubber, and building with Ephram's (excuse me, Mark's) Legos. She hates all things Frozen expect for Olaf, princess, having her hair done, and the colors pink and purple....



In other news, for Christmas Allen and Santa got me off camera flashes. I was playing around with them on Saturday. I love how they make the color of the pictures seem more true to life. So much to learn about how to use them, but it's going to be fun.

Oh, and I'm Riley's den leader... again. It's a little tough, but we are learning together. I still love cubs and have a testimony that it is a wonderful program for boys. Allen was called to be Elder's quorum  president. It's been quite the challenge for him, but he is growing. He is trying to make a difference.

So, I guess we are all growing.

No comments: