I have tried to have at least one fun activity each week. We have 3 really fun trips.
We were invited to go to Anderson dairy. It was fun, Riley had been there with his class and was an “expert” he was so excited to show us the ropes:
Eating ice cream at the end was the best part! They were so good, I was really pleased.
Another little trip was to the corn creek nature sanctuary. It was so fun. We went with our friends the Hatchs. The kids had blast running down the path. We ate lunch out there. It was lovely!
It was so pretty! UGH and the light!
The final trip we took in June was a long awaited promise to the bird sanctuary. Riley had been asking and pleading to go.
One of our more memorable moments was going to pet the goats. It’s been interesting seeing these fellows again. The last time we were there, many of them were just 1-2 days old. These goats are really pretty gentle. However, Emma is going through a panicking stage. And she flipped out. OK, let me back track. Riley asked to go in. I said sure. Emma asked to go in, and I asked her if she was sure she wanted to go. She was. Now, to get in to the petting part, you have to go through a double gate. Well, Emma went through the two gates but held the second gate open. Two goats went in the corridor, and Emma did to. So there she is suck in a little space with two big goats. And she panicked! She started to cry and scream. I finally was able to get her calmed down.
Well, I asked Riley if he would take her around. As you can see he is an amazing big brother!
Emma finally got brave enough to try it on her own. She was so proud of herself!
So, even with all the things we’ve had to do this summer, I’m glad we’ve taken the time to do some of the things that we want to do.









1 comment:
Love the field trips, and love going with you on them:)
Post a Comment