Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, 2008 has been laid to rest, and a new year is upon us. We had a pretty good New Year's Eve. We spent the day hanging around the house, it was fun. Allen and I got up late, made breakfast late, and just sort of took it easy. Riley and I were snuggling on the big chair watching the Tigger Movie when we saw this walking down the hall: Isn't she too cute. She found the egg beater that had some how fell out of the drawer. It was so funny! I had put it in her apron to feed her earlier, and it was cute I just left it on her. I swear she's saying "Hey you guys! Look at me! I did it myself!" She's also a little mischievous... OK, a lot! But she's so funny about. She LOVES to make you laugh. Her favorite thing right now is to show you her belly button and have you Pillsbury it. She laughs so hard, and wants it done again and again. Then of course, she wants to see your button.. when she gets someone to show off their button she just giggles. In my parents' family we have Mother Goose who comes on New Years Eve. You put out your best shoes and she'll leave you a little treat. This is something my dad tells us they did in his family. I think it was a way to get kids to go to be on New Years Eve... but it's still a sweet tradition that I enjoy adding to my family. This year Riley was SO excited, he got up this morning at 7.. and was totally dressed, himself when I went in to check on what he was doing. He wanted to see if Mother Goose brought him anything. She had of course.. Demya and I went up to Walmart and got a few little things. Riley got a ball, a slinky, and some M&Ms. Emmaline got a ball, coloring books, and M&Ms. I'd say they were delighted... This afternoon, Allen decided we needed to start our own family tradition. So he took us all to see a movie. It was so fun! The kids were so good... we were shocked to say the very least. We went and saw The Tale of Despereaux. It was so good, weird, but fun. Emma fell asleep with about 30 minutes remaining. Riley really had a good time. We brought snacks and drinks, which saved us time and money. It was a great way to spend the afternoon! So, I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve. May the next year be full of good news and that we may find the strength and courage to face the bad with dignity, grace, and hope! Happy New Year!

No comments: